Dumit on How I Read: something to ponder for our course! And this will help too: How to Read a Book in Two Hours or Less from Inside Higher Ed's GradHacker.
These are resources for doing the kind of working with ourselves as bits in emergent processes that I believe needs to characterize political imagination today. Using this point of view, how can such processes be understood entangled as genealogical threads, ghosting histories not teleological, processes dynamically multiple, and political spirits finding cracks, light, and being.
We may all read some of these, parcel some out in bits, and choose between some, so that collectively we will "know" them all, while individually we will focus our "care-abouts" with sensitivity to what is at stake for each of us, all of us. NOTHING IS CARVED IN STONE! inquire about what you would like! WORRIED? talk to Katie about what you hope for in this class, what you want to know, what you want to focus on. We can work with all of it! Shoot your suggestions and interests to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK YEARS FOR LINKS TO EITHER AMAZON OR WEBSITE TO BUY OR DOWNLOAD
- Sandoval. 2000. Methodology of the Oppressed. Minnesota. 9780816627370
- Keating. 2013. Transformation Now! Toward a Post-Oppositional Politics of Change. Illinois. 9780252079399 [Here for downloads in parts]
- Reed. 2005. The Art of Protest: Culture and Activism from the Civil Rights Movement to the Streets of Seattle. Minnesota. 9780816637713 k
- Flanagan. 2009. Critical Play: Radical Game Design. MIT. 9780262518659 k
- Alkon. 2011. Cultivating Food Justice: Race, Class, and Sustainability. MIT. 9780262516327 k
- Cohen. 2012. Telemorphosis: Theory in the Era of Climate Change, Vol. 1. OHP. [Free online.] 9781607852377 i
- Dolphijn. 2012. New Materialism: Interviews & Cartographies. Michigan. OHP. [Free online.] 9781607852810 i
- Hanhardt. 2013. Safe Space: Gay Neighborhood History and the Politics of Violence. Duke. 9780822354703
- Tambe. 2009. Codes of Misconduct: Regulating Prostitution in Late Colonial Bombay. Minnesota. 9780816651382
- (Another possible: Das. 2007. Life and Words: Violence and the Descent into the Ordinary. California. 9780520247451)
- Barad. recent articles. (Reference: 2007. Meeting the Universe Halfway: Quantum Physics and the Entanglement of Matter and Meaning. Duke. 9780822339175) k
- King. talksites. (Reference: 2012. Networked Reenactments: Stories Transdisciplinary Knowledges Tell. Duke. 9780822350729) k
- Whittier. 1995. Feminist Generations: The Persistence of the Radical Women's Movement. Temple. 9781566392822
- (Hewitt. Reference: 2010. No Permanent Waves: Recasting Histories of U.S. Feminism. Rutgers. 9780813547251)
- (Berger. Reference: 2009. The Intersectional Approach: Transforming the Academy through Race, Class, and Gender. UNC. 9780807859810)